If you want to sell your bike, it STARTS HERE! List your bike(s) online NOW, before dropping them off at The Fitters Workshop on Saturday 20 October 2018, between 1pm-4pm. Alternatively, you can register your bike for sale when you drop it off, but you may experience delays, so pre-registering online is strongly recommended. It costs just $5 per bike to register each bike for sale (non-refundable), with 15% of the sale price going to Rotary. You can pay via PayPal or use your credit card.
1. List your bicycle online now
Complete as many fields as you can and if you wish, post a pic of your bike to attract potential buyers. After all, the more a buyer knows about your bike, the quicker it will sell. That said, if you can’t complete all the fields, that’s okay, as it will still make your bike drop-off much speedier. Alternatively, just bring your bike(s) into ‘Fitters’ on Saturday (between 1pm-4pm) and you can register them in person.
2. If you want it to sell… price it well!
When deciding how much you want to sell your bike for consider: how much you paid for it; its age and condition; and also how keen you are to sell it. Bottom line…be realistic! Suggested Pricing Guidelines
- 1—3 years old: around 40 -50% off the original price
- 4—7 years old: at least 70% off the original price
- 8+ years 80% + off the original price
Experience tells us that Buycycle is the perfect market for bikes priced between $100 and $800. We successfully sell around 80% of bikes in this price range.
3. Have it looking good
- Give your bike a clean before you bring it in. A well looked after bike is much more appealing than an obviously neglected one.
- Ensure it’s mechanically sound and safe to ride
Still unsure? We hope to have some volunteer “experts” at our disposal who can advise you when you drop it off. Just ask to see if there is someone around who can help. If we spot a bike that we consider to be “unsafe” we will mark it as “Unrideable” on the sale documentation. These bikes can still be sold, but buyers will understand that they should not be ridden in their current condition.
4. How much does it cost to list and sell my bike?
- A $5 listing fee applies to register each bike for sale at Canberra BuyCycle unless, you select to donate all the proceeds of the sale to the Rotary Club of Canberra, then it’s free. You can pay via PayPal or use your credit card. Any proceeds from the sale of donated bikes will then be used by the Rotary Club of Canberra towards local or international projects for the benefit of humanity.
- If your bike is sold at Canberra BuyCycle the Rotary Club of Canberra retains retains 15% of the proceeds of the sale as its fee.
5. Do I have to attend Canberra Buycycle?
- Not unless you want to. On sale day we’ll be doing real-time updates on this website right up until 1pm, so you will be able check to see whether or not your bike has been sold. That means it isn’t necessary for sellers to be present at the event.
6. What if my bike doesn’t sell?
- All you have to do is to keep checking the website on Buycycle Day (until 1pm) to see whether or not your bike has sold. If your bike doesn’t sell, you must collect it between 1pm and 4.00pm on Buycycle Sunday. If your bike is not collected during this period, we’ll assume it is a donation to Rotary.
7. When and how do I get paid?
- The Rotary Club of Canberra will endeavour to advance the proceeds of the sale of your bike(s) within 7 working days. We will pay you via your preferred payment method indicated on the registration form. This can be either to your nominated bank account, Paypal or a cheque mailed to your nominated address.
List my bike