Buy a Bike
Preview the bikes for sale here!
CANBERRA BUYCYCLE will have a huge range of bikes on offer and what you see here (scroll up) is only an example of what will be available on CANBERRA BUYCYCLE DAY. As the event gets closer and closer, sellers will continue to list their bikes, so it’s a good idea to keep checking this website regularly. If you want to enlarge the view of a bike ‘click’ on its image.
Finding the right Bicycle on the day
When selecting your bike, please be mindful that BUYCYCLE is a market-style sale. These are used bikes and the price of the bike and all the details and information on the tag has been provided by the seller. We strongly recommend you “test ride” at the venue before you purchase.
- Consider carefully what kind of bike you are looking for and what kind of riding you’ll be doing.
- If you are undecided about a purchase, we’ll have a bike mechanic there on the day between 9am and 1pm to offer advice about suitability and road worthiness.
- We’ll have bikes catering to just about every category – BMX, Mountain, Road, Kids and Classics.
- Every bike is a “Bargain Bike” with prices starting from $10 up to four figures.
- If you are “test riding” a bike in the approved section, please be mindful of other shoppers whilst considering your purchase or test riding.
- Helmets are mandatory to test ride bicycles and whilst we’ll have a few “loan” helmets on hand, we would encourage you to bring your own.
- The organisers strongly recommend you talk to our friends from PEDAL POWER too. The Pedal Power team will be only too happy to outline the many benefits of belonging to their organisation, including the accident insurance, that is included in membership.
- Please also be aware that the organisers of CANBERRA BUYCYCLE cannot guarantee the condition of the bicycles and all bike sales are final. We also reserve the right to revise the pricing shown here on our donated bikes or at the sellers request, prior to the event.
Comments/Accessories (tell us more)
Classic 1990s vintage Diamondback all-steel mountain bike. Genuine designed in USA Diamondback fitted with quality Shimano components. Recently fully restored/refurbished, including: bearings cleaned and regreased, new bottom-bracket cartridge, new cables and brake pads, upgraded Maxxis tyres, new saddle. Fully stripped, cleaned and overhauled. In perfect running condition and ready to ride now. A classic 100% ChroMo steel mountain bike - becoming rare and collectable, but still perfectly useable.